The Society for Perioperative Research and Care (SPRC) is a not for profit, non- political society that focusses on providing scientific and evidence-based perioperative healthcare and promoting perioperative education and research. Membership within the Society provides access to a multidisciplinary cohort of individuals globally committed to enhancing perioperative education, research and care. The Society provides members with resources to promote their clinical, educational and research scholarship activities within Perioperative Medicine.
- Discounted registration for the Annual Perioperative Care Congress.
- Access to Members Only section of the web page with links to materials from prior Perioperative Care Congress debates and presentations.
- Access to leaders from Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesia, nursing and allied health professionals involved in perioperative research and care (member directory).
- Opportunities to participate in the Annual PCC and Society administration, scholarship and planning committees.
- Eligibility for SPRC grants and awards.
As the society grows, the following benefits will become available:
- Access to research, clinical and career mentors.
- Discounted access to Society workshops.
- Opportunities to explore participation in research (both individually and as an investigative site).
The SPRC offers a variety of membership types including physicians, medical students, trainees, nursing and allied health. Memberships are valid January 1-December 31.
Individuals licensed to practice in the medical, osteopathic, dental or veterinary fields who are engaged in active clinical practice are eligible.
Individuals with graduate degrees whose scholarship relates to Perioperative Medicine and who are not involved in direct delivery of healthcare are eligible.
Students in any program related to healthcare (MD, osteopathic. physician assistant, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech and language pathology) or individuals who are in recognized postgraduate or graduate training programs. Specifics regarding training, institution name and training start and end date must be provided.
Nursing and Allied Health
Allied healthcare professionals including but not limited to nursing, physician assistants, occupation and physical therapy and speech and language pathology.